Let's learn about Hemp!
Hemp seeds are a good source of nutrition for dogs and offer a number of health benefits. Some of the benefits of hemp seeds for dogs include:
Rich in essential fatty acids: Hemp seeds are a rich source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which are important for maintaining a healthy coat and skin.
High in protein: Hemp seeds are a good source of high-quality protein, which is important for maintaining muscle mass and supporting overall health.
Contains important vitamins and minerals: Hemp seeds are a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin E, magnesium, and phosphorus.
May have anti-inflammatory effects: Some studies suggest that the fatty acids found in hemp seeds may have anti-inflammatory effects, which may be helpful for dogs with joint issues or other inflammatory conditions.
May improve digestion: Hemp seeds are high in fibre, which may help to improve digestion and prevent constipation in dogs.
As well as all the above, there is some evidence to suggest that hemp seeds may have a calming effect on dogs, which could potentially help with anxiety. The high levels of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, that are contained in the seeds, have been shown to have anti-anxiety and anti-stress effects. In addition, hemp seeds are a good source of magnesium, which is known to have a relaxing effect on the body.
Peanut Butter and Hemp Seed Dog Biscuits.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, peanut butter, and hemp seeds. Mix until well combined.
- Add in the water and mix until a dough forms. If the dough is too dry, add in more water a tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1/4-inch thickness. Use a cookie cutter or the rim of a glass to cut out the biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Allow the biscuits to cool completely before serving to your dog.
These biscuits can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week, or in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. You can also freeze them for up to three months. Just thaw them at room temperature before serving.
We hope your dog enjoys these tasty and healthy treats!
Make sure to tag us in your socials so we can see how you got on.